The City of Ward Parks and Recreation proudly hosts exciting events that bring our citizens closer. We strive to promote physical activity and sportsmanship for all ages in a safe and fun way. Overseen by our Director, Michelle Fitzgerald, we help organize activities throughout the year like youth and adult sport events, fishing derbies, and many more!
What your Ward Parks & Recreation offers
- Ward Sports Complex
- Youth and Adult Sports; Softball, Baseball, Flag Football
- Fun Playground with a fence and picnic tables
- Concession Stand
- Sidewalk into park and 1/4 mile lap around the field
- Fields available for football or soccer
- Pavilion with tables
- Free Wifi
- Coming soon, RC Race Track
- Busby Lake on Peyton Street
- Pavilion with picnic tables
- Free Wifi
- Willow Lake
- Dog Park
- Located behind City Municipal Building
Bringing the Community Closer Through Events
The Ward Parks and Recreation hosts numerous events for our community throughout the year. Every year in the middle of May, we host a youth fishing derby at Busby Lake. Our 4th of July Celebration is sure to be a great time and we end the night with a firework show that is second-to-none for a city our size. These activities also serve as an avenue for building and strengthening relationships within the neighborhood. Check out some of the events that you and your family can join!
Sign up for notifications and stay up-to-date on what is happening in Ward!
Exciting Sports Activities for the Community
Our city is fortunate to have exceptional facilities where we can conduct T-Ball, baseball, softball, flag football and more. We conduct sporting events to ensure that the members of the community are in excellent physical and mental health. We are proud to host a variety of competitive sporting events for kids and adults. At The City of Ward Parks and Recreation, we work hard to promote great health, camaraderie, and sportsmanship through:
- T-Ball – This is the foundation of all future MLB Hall of Famers. T-ball is the introduction to the world of baseball for those who are 5 years old and under.
- Baseball - Where young athletes can develop good character and baseball skills.
- Softball – Skill development for all levels of ability and of course, having fun.
- Adult Coed Softball – This is where some of the city's most competitive teams battle it out on the field for the bragging rights of the town.
We make it a point to conduct sports activities throughout the year. Check out what we have lined up and be sure to join us.